KPMG LLP (KPMG) and IBM Watson Health stand ready to help universities bring students, faculty, and staff back to school. This information session covers a new return-to-campus solution that combines operational and risk-management practices with configurable technology designed to help universities engage campus communities effectively – at any phase of re-opening.
Whether you are seeking guidance to make data-driven decisions, or to execute technology at scale to support your university’s return, IBM and KPMG can support your plans. We are eager to engage with you, and in this session will share the capabilities of the return-to-campus solution:
- Capture self-reported symptoms and test results
- Enable data-driven decisions about campus activities
- Initiate contact tracing and case management process for affected individuals
- Support and reflect university policies and procedures
- Gain confidence in the governance and risk management of your program
We understand you are working urgently to efficiently re-open your physical campuses while continuing to adapt to changing COVID-19 contingencies. There’s much to be done. Our teams are ready to rapidly implement this technology and configure it to your university’s unique needs.
- Allen Sheldon, Managing Director, Advisory KPMG LLP
- Kathy VanEnkevort, Leader, Strategic Solution Executives, IBM Watson Health
- Katie Keating, Client Soluion Executive, IBM Watson Health
- David Bordewyk, Clinical Solutions Executive, IBM Watson Health
Some or all of the services described herein may not be permissible for KPMG audit clients and their affiliates or related entities. Any trademarks or service marks herein are the property of their respective owners.