As enterprises continue their digital transformation journeys, their biggest challenge is data integration. With business units moving too fast for traditional integration strategies, lack of middleware support for new integration design patterns, and a lack of standards for how interfaces are designed, developed and supported, digital transformation is proving elusive for many organizations.
APIs are the glue that connect the digital world. For organizations to deliver digital transformation and innovate at the speed of market leaders, it is critical to discover, connect, and reuse software assets using APIs.
The next generation of integration is no longer just about connecting systems. A digital business requires a connected enterprise across all layers of the operating model.
- Functional process - Provide the foundational processes to drive innovation and efficiency across the enterprise
- People - Aim to minimize duplicate work efforts and help reduce labor costs
- Service delivery model - Enable the business to respond quickly to business and market change
- Technology - Select and promote use of common CI/CD tools, source code, and base components
- Performance, insights and data - Access the data you need, when you need it
- Governance - Enforce consistent standards and decisions through CoE and Center for Enablement (C4E)
KPMG Enterprise Integration enabled by MuleSoft helps organizations unify across front, middle and back office:
- Understanding today and goals for tomorrow: Assess current state approach to integration and APIs. What are the challenges, capabilities, design patterns, tools, processes, and governance structure in place today? What is the vision for tomorrow?
- Preparing for tomorrow: Define a clear and compelling vision and roadmap for the future of integration and API management
- Making tomorrow today: Transform your technology approach to create a platform that can grow with the speed of business and the new demands of the future