What is Business Resiliency?
Business Resilience is the capacity to sustain, and potentially expand, delivery of critical products and services despite, during, and following significant business disruptions.
Business Continuity Management (BCM) is a preventative, supporting activity that contributes to resilience which can include defining key roles and responsibilities and continuity strategies that are undertaken to plan for, and responding to, business disruptions.
A good Business Resiliency solution should be aligned to enterprise risk management, include consideration of financial and market risks / opportunities, be measured qualitatively and quantifiably, span all critical functions, sites, and capabilities of the organization, and be reportable in real time and on-demand.
KPMG and Archer can help:
- Identify credible, up-to-date information on which critical decisions can be reliably based
- Reliably assess the strength of workarounds and response strategies (e.g. work from home), across a range of scenarios and timelines (e.g., 30, 60, 90, 120 days)
- Keep information technology (IT) systems of engagement and collaboration up and performing to minimum required standards
- Maintain effective performance levels from critical third-party service providers and other supply chain providers
- Maintain effective two-way communication with staff, customers, third-parties and other key stakeholders
- Maintain effective and continued change control processes while maintaining desired level of security and data