Russell Hoffman has more than 15 years of extensive treasury, financial instrument, and risk management experience in the corporate treasury and financial services industry. Russell works on numerous treasury advisory projects focused on governance, operations, controls, accounting, and regulatory driven processes serving many of KPMG’s largest clients.
His representative projects include:
- Designed FX hedging programs for global branded clothing, software, and retail companies including identification of exposures, quantification of risk, and establishment of hedging program. Additional aspects included related governance, policy, procedures, and controls
- Participated in various M&A projects focused on the acquisition, merger, and spin-off of various treasury functions. Performed detailed analysis of target company and to-be treasury state including development of 100- roll out day
- Assisted global and consumer goods services company select a treasury management system and service bureau global messaging bureau as part of a broader treasury technology initiative
- Reviewed global company’s treasury operations including all aspects of front-, middle-, and back- office operations. Particular emphasis on governance, risk management and reporting, policy, procedure, and controls
- Assisted global company’s treasury organization as part of transformation to shared service/center of excellent structure. Activities included reviewing international activities, roles, staffing levels, technology usage, identifying improvement opportunities, and recommending short/medium term solutions
- Performed treasury diagnostic on energy company’s U.S. operations including organizational structure, cash management, bank administration and relationship management, short-term investments, funding and liquidity management, currency/interest rate risk management, and related infrastructure support
- Reviewed global media and entertainment company’s liquidity management program including processes, procedures and controls, stress testing, and contingency planning. Provided recommendations on cash forecasting, program management, and board reporting.
Russell holds Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Accounting degrees. He is a Chartered Financial Analyst and a Chartered Accountant (SA).