With U.S. companies increasingly relooking at their non-core patent portfolio for monetization, IP portfolio optimization needs to be a high priority for management to preserve and enhance cash flows. Executives need to be aware of how each element of their IP portfolio fits into the business strategy, as well as how assets that are no longer core to the business can be managed to control ongoing maintenance costs and continue to be of value.
During this webcast, professionals from KPMG U.S. and KPMG India will share their insights and answers to questions including:
- Why Intellectual Property optimization offers a business opportunity
- How an effective IP strategy can help enhance the ROI of prior investments in intellectual assets by:
- Identifying and segregating IP patents no longer relevant to the business,
- Exploring opportunities to rationalize cost of maintenance/renewal, and
- Generating greater ROI on prior investments in innovation and acquiring IP assets.