Organizations are undergoing pressure across the supply chain to decarbonize their operations and physical assets, recognizing that 70% of global greenhouse emissions come from infrastructure. A successful decarbonization strategy should create value for the organization and enable the enterprise strategy. KPMG offers a comprehensive solution to help develop and implement a decarbonization strategy that serves core business needs, achieves climate goals and addresses challenging Scope 3 emissions.
The KPMG approach begins with comprehensive decarbonization strategy and vision setting, with a core focus on asset-level diagnostics and analysis. Several steps are key to setting up your decarbonization strategy for success:
1. Perform a carbon baseline assessment
2. Define a decarbonized future state
3. Conduct decarbonization scenario planning
4. Create a roadmap and implementation plan
5. Operationalize decarbonization
6. Leverage climate risk and resilience analytics
KPMG has developed a suite of tools to help you on the journey to getting decarbonization right.